In an emergency, call 911 or 434.395.2091
Use this form if you have information about a crime and would like to report it to the Longwood University Public Safety department. Your name and e-mail address are both optional fields. If you do not fill in the name or e-mail address your report will be anonymous. If you want a reply, please provide either your name or e-mail address. We will not accept crime reports which require us to open links or have attachments with them.
Thank you in advance for helping fight campus crime.
Notifications received via this reporting method are not monitored 24/7, if the crime is currently taking place please call 911.
Reporting A Crime
The following information should be provided or will be requested from the caller when he/she is reporting a crime:
- Your full name and contact information (e-mail address, phone #).
- What was the crime? Give the best-detailed overview of what you saw happen, and include all details, because small details do matter.
- The name of the victim or victims
- The status of the crime ( when did it occur)
- The location or the place that the crime occurred
- The current whereabouts of the victim and/or suspect(s)
- The description of suspects involved (names if known, clothing descriptions, race, gender, hair color length, any scars or tattoos and how many subjects were involved and their role)
- How did suspects leave the area, (if vehicle was involved give description
(license plate and/or parking decal ).
- The name and/or the description of any other witnesses who may have additional information.
- Do not include links or attachments to the crime reports.