"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation."
Longwood University is happy to assist any student wishing to use their Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits. These are the steps to follow in order to ensure that claims are certified:
1. The veteran must first apply for benefits.
2. Once a COE (Certificate of Eligibility) is received:
3. Once the transfer is approved the student must complete form 22-1990e and submit it to the V.A. in order to be approved to use the benefits.
4. Once the COE is received a copy should be sent to the V.A. Certifying Official at email@example.com in the Registrar's Office, as well as to your Financial Aid Representative.
5. If you wish to have the tuition and fees portion of your bill held for V.A. payment, you will need to complete the Advanced Credit Application and submit it to Karin Warner (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Student Accounts.
6. All other portions of your student bill will require payment in full or the use of a payment plan.
7. Certification will be submitted to the V.A. after the add/drop period has ended. This is usually during the second week of classes.
1. All students wishing to use their benefits will be required to notify the V.A. Certifying Official at email@example.com in writing at the beginning of each semester.
2. If you wish to have the tuition and fees portion of your bill held for V.A. payment, you will need to complete the Advanced Credit Application and submit it to Karin Warner (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Student Accounts.
3. If an updated COE is received from the V.A. at anytime, please submit it to the Registrar's Office and to Student Accounts.
Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® recipients:
1. ROTC Cadet or Officer Scholarships, Virginia National Guard (State) STAP, and Virginia National Guard (Federal) FTA-ACES are required to contact Student Accounts, but are not handled through the Registrar's Office.
2. Montgomery GI Bill®, Reserve Educational Assistance, Veterans Educational Assistance Program, and any other benefit programs, please contact the Registrar's Office or Student Accounts with questions.
The following individuals shall be charged a rate of tuition not to exceed the in-state rate for tuition and fees purposes:
GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.