Requesting a Card Reader
Do you have a meeting or event and want to track attendance? Are you taking payments for T-shirt sales or other items and would like to accept Lancer CA$H? If your answer is yes, then you should check-out a card reader from the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office.
Depending on the location, needs and reader type, there may be no cost to use the card reader. Also, please check with us as there are already card readers in various locations around campus.
There are just a few simple guidelines to follow:
- Complete the reader request form at least one week prior to your event.
- Market the event- Please make sure you let your attendees know to bring their ID cards to your event.
- Management- Please make sure you have a person working the door to swipe cards or have signage explaining to attendees how to swipe their cards.
- Reporting- Let us know what type of information you need on your report (name, L number, email, etc.) and an email where we can send the report.
- Responsibility - The requester is responsible for coordination with the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office, at least a week prior to the event. If a card reader is not in the location, the requester may need to pick up the card reader from the Lancer Card & Campus Services Office the day of the event and return it the day after. If a card reader is damaged or not returned, a fee will be assessed.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns at email@example.com or by phone at 434-395-2715.
- Reader may be picked up the day of the event unless other arrangements have been made with the card center.
- We highly recommend you designate someone to be on point as the responsible person for the reader.
- We do not provide staff to support your event. Please include someone to swipe cards in your plans.
- The card reader must be returned to Lancer Card & Campus Services Office within 24 hours after your event unless other arrangements have been made and agreed upon.