Residential Students

Meal Plan Contract

The Longwood University Meal Plan Contract is for the full academic year (August-May), or if entered into after the start of the academic year, for the balance of the academic year.

A meal plan is mandatory for all residential students living on main campus and in a Longwood managed apartment.


Meal Plan requirements are part of your housing contract and based on what campus residence you live in.

Main campus residents (residence halls) are eligible for main campus plans.
Apartment residents are eligible for managed apartment plans.

Please see Resident Meal Memberships for more information.

Room and Meal Application

Residential students (new and returning) select a meal plan as they complete their online room and meal application.

Prior to the submission of the online application, a student must indicate that they have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the Housing and Meal Plan Contract.

We recommend you print a copy of the terms and conditions for your personal records. 

Meal Plan Access

You'll need a Lancer Card for meal plan access and only the contracted student can use the purchased meal plan. Also, meal plans are not transferable and are not intended for resale.

Meal Plan Changes

Log into to change your meal plan.

Meal plan changes are permitted until 5 p.m. on the drop/add date of each semester. Changes to a meal plan selection will be reflected on the billing statement and must be paid for immediately. If left unpaid, the ability to purchase or spend bonus dollars will be revoked indefinitely.

Main campus residents that don't select a meal plan before the first day of classes will be assigned the designated default plan.

Residents living in Longwood managed apartments that don't select a meal plan before the first day of classes will be assigned the designated default plan.

Commuter Students

Commuting students (not living in Longwood managed residences) are not required to purchase a meal plan. 

Block 80 Plan

Commuter students can choose to purchase any of our meal plans, and we have designed our Block 80 Plan to closely fit your needs. While you are not required to purchase a meal plan, we strongly encourage you to save money and experience campus life with a meal plan.

Purchase a Plan

Commuter meal plans are purchased on a semester-by-semester basis and a request must be submitted each semester. 

Commuter students that purchase a meal plan follow the same meal plan contract as residential students. 

Change or Drop Meal Plan

Commuter students can change their meal plan by logging in to and selecting "Change Meal Plan" from the left side menu.

You can change, or drop, your meal plan up until 5:00 p.m. on the drop/add day of each semester. 

Bonus Dollars

Bonus dollars will roll over from Fall to Spring semester only if a plan is purchased both semesters.

Appeal Procedures

If the meal plan change deadline has passed, the next time you can change your meal plan is the following semester. 

If you have missed the deadline and have extenuating circumstances, please complete a Meal Plan Appeal Form (pdf) to request a change or drop your meal plan.


Submit your form via email to or in person in the Lancer Card & Campus Services, Eason 204.

Appeal Reviews

Appeals are reviewed and decided at the next committee meeting. Normally, the Meal Plan Appeals Committee meets on a weekly basis during the Fall and Spring semesters.

If approved, the committee can reduce or cancel the meal plan. 

Appeals are generally be approved for students, as long as the required supporting documentation is provided, for to the following reasons:

  • Special dietary or nutritional needs:  Students are required to meet with Dining Services Staff to discuss available dining options prior to beginning the appeals process in the event arrangements can be made with Dining Services directly.
  • Religious restrictions or requirements:  Students must provide documentation from a pastor, rabbi, priest or other religious authority from a recognized religion.
  • Medical restrictions or requirements:  Students must provide a letter from a licensed physician or certified counselor verifying illness or condition.

Students will be informed in writing of the results of the committee's decision and mailed to the mailing address provided on the Meal Plan Appeal Application